Permanent full-time position in the R&D team engaged in design, development, analysis, testing and implementation of electromechanical and software systems in support of Sentient’s Recon product line.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for building world-class software and a track record of success creating highly scalable software systems. You will need strong software development skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and can quickly iterate through versions of software to optimize solutions.
Education and Experience
- B. Sc. or M.Sc. in Computing Science or Engineering disciplines
- Or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- APEGA Membership (if applicable)
- Full-stack and Desktop Developer
- Experience in .NET Framework, package management, and dependency injection
- Good unit testing and integration testing practices
- Experience in Software Architecture.
- Experience with Visual Studio development in vb.NET (or C#) Framework using WinForms
- Fluent in GIT source code control (experience with GitLab preferred)
- Basic understanding of mechanical concepts
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- Owning assignments and taking full accountability for overall team success
Nice to have
- Database experience (MySQL, SQL Server) and good knowledge in query optimization
- Firmware / embedded system development (data collection and storage, communications protocols, algorithms and optimization)
- .NET Core Blazor
- PCB design
- Development of data processing/display and customer interface software, custom UI component creation
- Assist with development of firmware to collect and store data from embedded sensors
- Support customers with installation and troubleshooting of software
- Create documentation and product training materials
- Promote software engineering best practices via code reviews, building tools and documentation
- Leverage your existing skills while learning and implementing new, open-source technologies as Sentient grows
- Work with Sentient’s multi-disciplinary team within Sentient’s Quality System to own your solution from development to production
Open until filled.We are no longer accepting applications for this position.